Lucky? (was: Clutch...Not Again!)

To: dmitchel@ford.com
To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Lucky? (was: Clutch...Not Again!)
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark )
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 22:45:03 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
Hi All,

It seems The I may have gotten lucky, well maybe.  I will wait some
response from the rest of you. As you may or may not recall I was
getting some slipping in the upper gears with the O/D on or off.  I
checked the fluid and it was low but I didn't think this would help my
sliping prob.  Normally when the fluid gets low it won't engage at all.

Well,  I topped it off and the damn thing works fine.  Go figure, but
not to much please, a blissful state of denial is about what about what
I need right now. BTW I haven't cleaned the filtes yet but they will be
within the next 100 miles or so.

I had also hoped to update you un my brake M/C repair but the only kit
around was not the right one (it was for the earlier dual circut(sp?).
Oh well...  I went ahead and ordered the one from TRF and stuck myself
with the overnight charges (no patience) so I hope to have it by wed.

Another question:  One of the two larger seals between the cyl and
resivoir was ripped during removal.  These are not included in the kit
and I hate to dig up another cyl to get one that may or may not be
worth it.  Any sugestions?  It would appear that these are not under
much pressure but are used mainly to keep air out. I am planning to
gamble with a few Ideas I have (just hope I am not gambling with my
life, at least not to much).  Anybody run into the same problems, uh,
er, I mean challenges?

TIA

David