RE: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease

To: "JOERGER Mark D" <Mark.D.JOERGER@state.or.us>
Subject: RE: My 1500 Has Shipwrights Disease
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark )
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 22:48:44 -0800
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You wrote:

>>Compared to the clutch MC how would you rank the Brake MC in terms of

>>dificulty?
>
>Are we talking 1500 Spitfire here?  If so, the twin-circuit brake
masteris a real bitch.  The guys at the local brit-car shop said "you
don't wantto even think about rebuilding it -- but we expect you won't
take our wordfor it 'til you try."  I tried, and it was a waste of my
time.  Cough upthe ~$160 bucks for a new one.

>     Mark Joerger
>     Salem, Oregon

Mark,

I have it apart and except for getting the wrong part initially, I dont
see what is so difficult.  Maybe you can enlighten me/us.

TIA

David