RE: Fwd: TR6

To: JoeSimcoe <JoeSimcoe@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Fwd: TR6
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 95 13:17:00 PST
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu.wgcinet>
Encoding: 23 TEXT
OOPS =:-O
I sent the message to Triumphs-Owner by mistake.  Here it is:

Grace,
When doing static timing I do away with the bulb entirely.  I simply connect
the #1 plug and lay it on top of my (unpainted) valve cover so that it's
grounded.  Then if you watch and listen the plug will spark at the
appropriate time.

Anybody have a reason not to do it this way.  I suppose there is a SLIGHT
increase in fire risk, but since I don't have oil or fuel all over my engine
I think it's negligible.

I'm not sure what you mean by adjusting the trim screw.  The screw
adjustments are for idle speed.  The only way to adjust the mixture on a ZS
is with "the tool", available from fine lbc parts suppliers everywhere.

Tom Gentry
72 TR-6 OD
Rockford, IL
TGENTR@WGC.WOODWARD.COM