Re: Starting TR6 rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starting TR6 rebuild
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 06:56:00 +0100
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <951111213000_104173982@emout06.mail.aol.com>, Tsved@aol.com wrote:
> What is the best way to store newly milled and cleaned
> parts. Some say use oil to protect the parts from rust, but others have said
> oil attracts dirt.

I'd suggest you spray everything with some new engine oil, and then wrap
up in paper. Store in a dry place, and I can't see how you can go wrong.

> Any comments on this or the modifications would be great. By the way,
> I'm using the "Competition Preperation Manual",  which I purchased from
> TRF, as a general reference for the mods.

Starting with the bottom end is probably a very good idea, your tuned
engine will not last long if that part isn't A OK. Balancing the long
stroke 2.5 is worth every penny you spend, and then some.

Some other hints on tuning, collected from various sources, can be found
at:
        http://www.oslonett.no/home/egilk/t2000.html

For those without Web access, please email me. Or use one of the Web by
email services.

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway