Re: MC rebuilds

To: CTDreher@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MC rebuilds
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 1995 11:37:06 -0500
Carl--

Thanks for the honing advice.  I always wondered if it could be done on these
small MC's.  When we installed (on the bugeye) a rebuilt (for which we paid a
confiscatory amount), it came with a spec sheet indicating how well it passed
its QC.  What it did not tell us was that it was set up so tight it did not
work right when installed in application.  It was too tight!  Upon tear down,
I discovered the bore was poorly finished.  Poor workmanship was compensated
for by tighter seals.  Passed the bench tests great, but failed to perform on
the job.

I think a better hone job was needed.

Brian N.