Re: Good mechanics

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Alan Black" <Alan_Black@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Good mechanics
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 95 17:34:38 EST
     First of all if the car is badly damaged enough, it would be easier to
     find another car. I purchased an '80 TR7 DHC California spec with the
     Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection (the Spider trim package) in March of
     this year from the original owner for $2650. The car had 26,000
     original, fully documented miles on it and required only a new fuel
     pump and top. I know a fellow who also had a TR7 DHC roller that he
     was going to install a Mazda rotary in but changed priorities and sold
     the roller for $500. TR7's are cheap and plentiful here and if yiu
     have patience you can get a good one for peanuts.

     Second of all, how were you going to get this car registered in
     California? or the U.S. for that matter. Unless you are a diplomat or
     somehow connected with a consulate and have diplomatic immunity or
     something I really don't know how you could pull this off. Of course
     if you can, please tell us! I wouldn't mind a nice used Cosworth
     Sierra to drive to work.

     Last, the closest Triumph club to the Sacramento area is the Triumph
     Travelers in the San Jose-Silicon Valley area. I don't have a name or
     address with me at the moment but invariably someone who reads this
     message will and dutifully post it. Their is also a National TR8 club
     which does have info on 7's as well, they also have their own list on
     the net  tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu

     Cheers
     Kurt Oblinger
     Redondo Beach, Ca.