Re: TR2 Markings

To: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: TR2 Markings
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 12:45:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 15 Nov 1995, Paul A. Carson wrote:

> pull the last few items off of a TR2 longdoor.  The TR2 is undergoing its
> first frame-off restoration. Once you get past the original color
> (geranium), its really not in that bad of shape....
   ^^^^^^^^

Don't knock the color. It really looks great on a TR2 (at least from a
period perspective) -- a welcome change from BRG, Signal Red and Ye Olde
Englishe White.

> When the mechanic (Eric) pulled the id plate off of the car, there was this
> marking underneath the plate in yellow chalk.
>                                       2mx
>                                       NIL
> Anyone heard of this?  What could it mean?

Please let us all (me, anyway) know if someone responds privately to
you. I'm curious!

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register