"Official Response" CA Legal.

To: rvince00@counsel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Official Response" CA Legal.
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 20:25:59 -0500
In a message dated 95-11-18 15:10:58 EST, rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente
-- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles) writes:

>I suspect that there are quite a few owners of early to mid-70s
>LBCs and other sports cars who do the same thing that Brian does ...

The notion never entered my mind.  How dare you suggest such a thing.  And my
LBCs  never need repairs, either.

The following is quoted from an un-named anonymous source:

"Actually, this next time I am thinking if giving it a try with the DGV.  It
should pass the tail pipe test and since most inspectors don't know what to
look for on the physical inspection anymore, it might just fly.

BTW, many the licensed testors were not even born yet when these cars were
made.  They are looking for computers and O2 sensors and I suspect some do
not know what an anti-run-on valve or temperature compensator on at CD-150
looks like.  And since there often seems to be a language barrier with the
smog shop personel, we may be able to get away with little more than a tail
pipe test, smog pump, cat converter, and a bunch of nonsensical hoses.

I'm all for clean air.  But common sense ought to fit in there somewhere,
too.

FYI, when I had the car last tested, I internally defeated the automatic
choke (externally it looked right with the hoses and all), just so it would
not have the possbility of feeding ANY unwanted fuel into the system.  Starts
like hell, though."

Anyone have some war stories?

Brian N.