Re: Compression and am I glad I had it!!!!

To: bc620@scn.org
Subject: Re: Compression and am I glad I had it!!!!
From: CMaster808@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 18:56:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ernest,

  The guy i bought it from said he thought the miles were original
and hadn't rolled over, so maybe he was right.

  This morning I put a new manifold gasket on, the old one had a
                              bigtime leak.  So naturally I had to take it
out for the test run, right??
Anyway top down and 60 here today, I'm out on the interstate the
tach is pushing 5500 and much to my suprise I look at the opposing
traffic, and thiers a Highway Patrol car!!!! Now I don't have the slighst
idea how fast 5500 rpm's is because the speedo cable broke the week
after I bought it.  But I couyld see he was having a hard time trying to
find a place to come accross and just as he did an exit became rather
comveniant for me, so off I go still moving rather quickly and I come
to the stop at the end of the ramp with someone sitting thier waiting
to go,  and as I was rather nervous I was looking around and thier he
goes over the overpass bridge taillights a glarring, because he saw me
down out of harms way!!!!!  I quickly drove home and zipped it up in the
garage!!!!!  By the way that was 5500 rpms in 4th gear no OD

Anyway just thought I'd share my great adventure from today.

  And by the way I can now run the car at a 850rpm idle, wwhat a
differance from the 2000 I was used to.  Pull both manifolds with carbs
attached and put back took roughly 2 hrs if anyone is interested.

                                                Chet in Dav Ia.
                                                TR6-MGB-72's