Re: Help with TR-4A waterpump

Subject: Re: Help with TR-4A waterpump
From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:45:49 -0700 "Help with TR-4A waterpump" (Nov 21, 2:57pm)
        I just replaced my water pump after experiencing the same strange
        noise caused by pulley wobble (followed by the appearence of metal
        shaving all over the engine compartment!). Moss warned me that I
        would have to file down the pump housing to prevent scraping by
        the pulley - a 5 minute job with a grinder.

        I haven't gone far enough to see if this will be a recurring
        problem. Perhaps your situation was aggravated by using a spacer
        instead of grinding the housing. Could this have affected the
        integrity of the key<->notch joinery?

        Going out now to tighten up that nut on the wp shaft...

Charlie Farwell
1962 TR4 #CT3852L