Re: Help with TR-4A waterpump

To: walker@epcot.rose.hp.com (Darrell Walker)
Subject: Re: Help with TR-4A waterpump
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 95 12:17:16 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
I haven't heard of this exact problem in the past.  But it sounds like
you are putting too much tension on the belt.  It is a common mistake on
the early TR's to tension the big belt just like you would tension the
tiny belts we are used to on our modern cars.  the belt should be
reletivly loose (check you manual for exact specs.  A belt that is over
tensioned can cause problems with the water pump, the generator, and
even premature wear of the crank pully.

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley