Re: We lose more TR7's this way....

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: We lose more TR7's this way....
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 1995 10:11:50 -0500 (EST)

> >Spotted by my wife on One Life to Live on Tuesday (American Soap Opera), a
> >scene supposedly taking place in Ireland, which may have been filmed on
> >location, included convicted rapist Todd Manning going off the show, over a
> >cliff, in the trunk/boot of a Triumph TR7. My wife spotted the car, but
> >identified it as "a convertible, with the same door handles, seats, and
> >trunk, as yours."
>
> We had a similiar occurrance in a British TV programme, can't remember what it
> was called, but it was about a modern day British Fighter Squadron, one of the
> pilot's was thrashing his newly acquired TR7(or 8, I think it was badged as
> one) convertible complete with body kit(looked like a Grinnall) along some
> lanes, then whilst trying to change a cassette, he took his eye's off the road
> for a second, and......voila, a cliff appearred(NO, not Cliff Richard) which
>he
> then drove over......NOT a very clever thing to do.  Totally trashed the car
> :-(

  In the Simon & Simon / Magnum P.I. cross-over show that they made years
ago, in part two where the Simon brothers are down in Mexico trying to
recover something or other, they get in a car chase with a bad guy who is
driving a yellow TR7 and at the end of the chase, guess what?  Yup, over a
cliff... end of another TR7.

  What? Is that how BL got rid of leftover TR7s? Sold them to TV studios as
cheap cars to destroy? :-)

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation