Wire wheel shop - Baltimore

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel shop - Baltimore
From: trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu (Peter Barrance)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 15:42:19 -0500 (EST)
Hi all-

I have the factory wires on my TR6. One of them has gradually gone out of true
to the point where it needs to be remedied before driving the car anymore (at
highway speeds anyway). I'm located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, and am
wondering if anyone out there can help me find a place with experience in
truing and balancing them - located preferably within 40 miles or so. If I
absolutely can't find anyone I'll have a go at it myself, but I do want to
end up with a job that will last for a while.

I also have a set of disc wheels which I could put on, except the 'reach' is
about 1/4" shorter. I asked a while ago about the prospects of putting these
on (by removing WW adaptors and putting on longer studs). One subscriber -
forget who, but thanks! - said he'd seen it done with no real problems. Does
anyone else have any input? Perhaps there are adaptor plates available?

Thanks for any input!

Pete