RE: New Member

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: New Member
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 09:52:00 PST
Encoding: 26 TEXT
My personal preference is for TR-6s before the rubber bumper over-riders
which came out in '74.  I'm not terribly concerned about originality, so my
'72 has the spoiler which came out in '73 or '74 as well as several
performance mods.

Not much changed on the cars mechanically, so there aren't really any good
or bad years.  It's probably easier to find a really nice '75 or '76 since
when production stopped many cars were taken off the road and only used for
"special occasions".

If possible get a car with OD.  I've owned with and without.  OD is better.
 Watch out for rusty sills and frame rails.  Most other problems are easily
repaired.

Good luck, and welcome to our nightmare =:-O

Tom Gentry
72 Triumph TR-6 OD
86 Dodge Shelby Charger Turbo
88 Sterling 825SL
tgentr@wgc.woodward.com

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"