TR-6 tires/wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 tires/wheels
From: "stephen r sutton" <Stephen=R=Sutton%BSDCL%Contracts@ban.CHINALAKE.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 8:30:36 PST
Can anyone give any recommendations on replacement tire sizes for a TR-6.
 I currently have Red-Line's on the stock 5.5" metal wheels.  Replacement
Red-Line's are nice, but pricey.  At Triumphfest this year I noticed a
TR-6 with 215/75-15 size tires that seemed to look 'right' compared to the
various 60/65 and some 70 series tires I have seen on other TR's; I could
not locate the owner to ask any questions such as any problems with tire
rubbing, etc.

Has anyone had any experience with any aftermarket aluminum wheels other
than the ones sold by TRF/Moss/VB?  It would seem that you should be able
to match up a wheel from another car that has the same bolt pattern and
offset as a TR-6 and end up having more choices and *probably* a more
reasonable price.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Sutton
Ridgecrest, CA