Re: exhaust manifold

To: Vince Cammarata <CAMMAVI@mail.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: exhaust manifold
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:58:15 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Vince Cammarata wrote:

> Ok Folks, Uncle,  I've called around, and hunted awhile.
> Does anyone out there have and are willing to part with
> for a reasonable price an exhaust manifold for a Spitfire
> Mk 2.  I have a guy who will "build" me one but I'm a bit
> leery.  Would appreciate any advice.

Vince, a tough one. I believe that the Mk. 2 "factory header" has been
unavailable new for some time. However, I seem to remember seeing ads
for "repros" -- maybe in Kipping's or in some other ads of British
suppliers. If I can find out more, I'll get back to you.

Actually, to me the idea of someone building you one is somewhat
intriguing if you have one for a pattern!? How much does he want to do
the job?

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register