Re: exhaust manifold

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust manifold
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 11:47:04 EST

 To:    Triumph List,           Inet

SNIP
On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Vince Cammarata wrote:
> Ok Folks, Uncle,  I've called around, and hunted awhile. > Does
> anyone out there have and are willing to part with  for a  >
reasonable price an exhaust manifold for a Spitfire  Mk 2.  I  >
have a guy who will "build" me one but I'm a bit  leery.  Would  >
appreciate any advice.  SNIP

and Andy Mace replied . . . SNIP

Actually, to me the idea of someone building you one is somewhat
intriguing if you have one for a pattern!? How much does he want
to do  the job? SNIP
_____________________

Andy, one of my neighbors is a wiz at all types of welding (MIG,
Heliarc, etc.) and he offered to build for me not only a
competition exhaust manifold, but also an intake manifold for my 6
port Mk. I head that would accept the 40 DCOE dual Webers!!  I
have not taken him up on the exhaust manifold because I already
have the factory Mk II header on the motor.  But I am planning on
trying the intake manifolds -- what the Hell, if it works it'll be
really neat.  If not, I'll go back to the original twin SUs on the
factory manifolds.

Cost of the intake manifold?  Oh, say $25 for materials and free
labor for a friend.  For a set of headers, probably $75 for
materials and maybe a case of cheap red wine.  For a stranger,
probably $100 labor for the exhaust header.  He's down here in
Orange County, CA and I would be willing to let Vince use my Mk II
factory header as a template.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire Mk I