FWD: losing water

To: triumphs
Subject: FWD: losing water
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 00:45:33 -0700

     From: "S. Allan Banfield" <AVCBANFI@amber.indstate.edu>
     Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:16:56 GMT-5
     Subject:  losing water

HELP!!!  I thought I had a bad hose on the water pump cover on my
1980 TR7, but the water isn't coming from the cover.  The water seems to
be coming from a rectangular opening in the block just below the
water pump cover on the side of the block.  The Haynes manual doesn't
make reference to this opening and it doesn't appear to be a freeze
plug, (not round or not low on the block)  The problem seemed to
happen all of a sudden with the coolant light coming on but the temp.
gauge was in the normal area. (not over heating like TR7's are prone
to do)  How do I keep all the coolant from being pumped from  this
opening?  What is this opening? What do I do and do I have to remove
the whole intake manifold to repair it.  Please help, I can't drive
the car to put it in storage for the winter and I can't stand seeing
frost on the convertible top!

Al Banfield
avcbanfi@amber.indstate.edu