Re: squeeky brakes

To: triumphs
Subject: Re: squeeky brakes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 14:48:34 -0700
    Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 19:00:10 -0700
    From: Ken@yourteam.com (Ken Bertschy)

I tried the stuff and it stopped the brakes from squealing for about 6
months, then the brake dust coated that anti-squeal gunk and I was back at
square one. I pulled the pads and re-coated them again and it was fine
after that. The squealer is a shiny curved piece of metal sticking out of
one side of the brake pad. The first thing to do is bend the squealer back
far enough to make sure it is not contacting the rotor when the brakes are
applied. Then, make sure you bend the squealer back to where it is supposed
to be. I've had brake shoes that had bent squealers on them. Hope this
helps.