Re: spitfire warm start probem

To: grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU
Subject: Re: spitfire warm start probem
From: "Paul Mew" <paulmew@vossnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 08:40:19 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <paulmew@mail.vossnet.co.uk>
Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.  My problem is no so much that the car
dies in traffic, but that if you stop and turn off the car, ie when
getting petrol, popping into shops or stalling, then if fails to
restart.  I've got an oil cooler fitted, but then again it is doing
it this time of year in england, where the temparature averages only
about 5-10 degrees C anyway.  Somebody suggested it may be timing is
out so I may get that seen to, but in the meantime I've seen this
heat shield tape wrap from a race parts co. called demon tweeks which
they claim reduces underbonnet temps by about 70 percent when you use
it to wrap the exhaust manifold.

I will keep you informed if I have any luck!.

Cherio.