Clutch slipping

To: "Triumph BBS" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch slipping
From: "John Hed" <john_hed@wssagw.chinalake.navy.mil>
Date: 5 Dec 1995 06:48:53 -0800
                       Subject:                               Time:6:36 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Clutch slipping                        Date:12/5/95

One of the members of my LBC club has a TR-3 in which the clutch has just
begun slipping.  I'm not much of a clutch expert except in the hydraulic area.
 In most hydraulic problems the problem is getting the clutch to release (i.e.
air in the lines or leaking around the slave or master seals)  He said nothing
about any leaks.

I'd appreciate any help from you experts out there.  Maybe I can learn
something myself!  Let me know if there are other questions I need to ask him
to help troublshoot this.  Please respond to me directly because I am not a
subscriber to your list (sorry I'm an MG guy at the moment)

John Hed    <John_Hed@wssagw.chinalake.navy.com>
Ridgecrest British Sports Car Club (Calif.)
58 MGA (due restoration)
71 MGB-GT (nicely restored but sick at the moment)