Technical Advice Sought

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Technical Advice Sought
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 05:12:26 -0500
Encoding: 1067 Text
With the TR6 in the garage until spring I have inherited a K-car as a
winter-beater (shame, shame).  Now, as I am suffering from lbc
withdrawal (hands shake, can't concentrate, get down on hands and
knees to sniff oil stains on the driveway) I thought this year's
winter project should be something that could provide me with a cold
weather lbc substitute and I think I have it.  All I have to figure
out is how to install a Laycock J-Type overdrive on a Chrysler 3-speed
automatic transmission.  That way, like the TR6, I could have a winter
car with a non-functional transmission part that leaks oil on the
driveway and is a daunting repair task.  Now all I have to do is drill
a mounting hole on the steering column for the switch....

*  Mike Himelfarb - '76 TR6  |  "When all else fails, use a hammer..."   *
*  Mike@ShoppersDrugMart.CA  |                                 Taylor    *