Re: Electric "fool" pumps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric "fool" pumps
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:38:20 -0800 "triumphs@autox.team.net digest #65 Wed Dec 6 02:35:04 MST 1995" (Dec 6, 2:35am)
Almost all electric fuel pumps are sold without a switch, just like brake
calipers are sold without fluid. It's a part. Engineering costs extra.

I've done the oil pressure switch thing, and I've done the "impact switch"
thing. The impact switch is cute, but the sources I've found are quite
expensive (Moss gets about $65) and then you have to re-engineer it - the wires
that are on the connector are woefully small for a pump that is supposed to be
fused at 10 amps.

While you're engineering a solution, hide a switch under the dash that you can
use as a quick-and-dirty theft deterrent, and train yourself to use it. Get one
with a long bat handle so it's easy to find without looking.