Re: "fool" pumps and Grose-Jet

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: "fool" pumps and Grose-Jet
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 16:58:34 -0700 (MST)
Cc: DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
Dave Williamson writes:

> There was a thread on the MGs list that Grose-Jets are having some
> quality difficulties recently.  Seems that several people who have fitted
> them in the past year or so and the balls don't always mate properly,
> creating leaks.  Just passing on info.

I didn't even get as far as installing mine.  The guy at the
factory standing next to the girl who took my phone order acted
like he could identify the correct valve model by car model right
off the top of his head.  She believed this smartaleck and didn't
look it up.  Needless to say he guessed wrong, and the valves
that showed up were about 4mm too large.  I sent them back and
got OEM units from another vendor instead.

Nuts to Grose-Jets; if the originals lasted for 30 years, I'll
have two more of the same, thank you.

Dan Parslow