Re: CITOA

To: Jeff Foster <jfoster@bcl.net>
Subject: Re: CITOA
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 16:59:49 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Jeff Foster wrote:

> Greg,
>
> Can't help with your request but I'm sittin' here in Quincy and am proud to
> own a '58 TR3 (still waiting in the garage - 10 years now - but that's
> another story), and would sure like some information on CITOA (Central
> Illinois Triumph Owners Association)!
>
> Saw a bunch of TR's in Springfield a few years ago

        Yeah we were the organizers for that event. One of our members
        (Dave Franke) was the pusher to get the ball rolling. The show was
        almost entirely put together by people from Charleston and Champaign
        areas... When another show conflicted, and our Springfield liaison
        lost interest, the show died. We never got a cent to help get the
        next show together since all the profits went to the Ronald MacDonald
        House. After a years or two we got together with the Prairie Octagon
        MG Club and started a show here in Champaign. This spiring will
        mark our 5th year.

        The CITOA is going through a quiet period, we need some new blood
        to get the ball rolling again. We alway had trouble getting our
        Springfield and Peoria members to travel to meetings and events.
        We even moved the meeting location to Decatur in hopes that if
        everyone had to travel the same distance to a meeting we'd get more
        attendance... No luck. The diehards from Champaign and Charleston
        would be the only ones to make the trip, and one or two would show
        up from points west. The old hardcore either moved away or got burned
        out and we have not gotten enough new blood to make a difference.

        Okay sad story over... The CITOA is still in existance. We have a
        great treasury, and those of us oldtimers still would like to see it
        back to it's former strength. The annual Dues is $10.00 per year, our
        next meeting is a Phoney Mahoney's in Champaign at 1:00PM on Sunday.
        It's a show planning meeting. If you are interested in attending
        give me a call at (217) 355-1944.

> Well, enough about me ... please send me the details on CITOA!

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois