Re: Obscure Spitfire brakes question

To: S1500@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Obscure Spitfire brakes question
From: "DAVE GARRON" <DAVE@anj.jorg.uconn.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 18:10:38 EST
>Question: Does anyone know exactly what is different about the
>post '76 brake cylinders from the earlier cars?

I never had a Spitfire, but TR3's might hold the record for different
brake cylinders.  The rear end would tend to lock up, so the factory
kept trying to make the rear brakes worse (LBC ABS).  Most TR3 brake
cylinders have the bore diameter (could be fraction or decimal) cast
on the body.  Of course, since it makes sense, they might have dis-
continued the practice.

good luck,
Dave  (58 & 59 TR3A's with 10" & 11" drums and 3/4" & 5/8" cylinders)