Spitfire Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Oil Pressure
From: Jeff Monks <monksj@db.erau.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:20:23 -0500 (EST)
My 1500 does the same thing as far as the oil pressure light goes, and I,
too, just replaced the lower end (including crank - ouch!) about 3000
miles ago.  The delay is merely because it takes a few seconds for the
pressure to build up to the point where the light cuts out.  It's normal
for these engines, I beleive (if I'm wrong, someone please tell me!)

As for the rattle, I've no experience with that happening except for the
three seconds before the engine threw a connecting rod and seized on I-55
on me (hence the rebuild).  Mine doesn't rattle now at all, but I'm not
sure if it's normal for it to do so when cold.  My gut instinct says any
bearing noise is a bad thing, but I could be wrong on that, I suppose.

Jeff
1980 Spitfire (literally, it caught on fire once...)