Genesis

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Genesis
From: jeffn@msystech.com (Jeff C. Nathanson)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 03:31:42 -0500
        First, I'd like to thank all you gave me encouragement to pursue
my undertaking this TR6 restoration. I posted last month the thread
about whether I did a "stupid thing" by buying a '71 TR6 for $1500.

        Well, I have some initial questions that might plunge the most
experienced Triumph enthusiast into a deep pensive state of cebrebral
activity.

        First, I bought the Bentley manual as so many of you reccomended.
However, I was also told that people with two left hands, like myself,
should get the Haynes manual since it has step-by-step instructions on even
the most mundane operations. Is this true? I tried buying one, but all
avenues lead to the same answer - "it's out of print and we can't
get it". Does anyone know where I can get one?

        Second, I'm trying to get the floor pan out on the driver's side.
It's bascially perferated like Swiss cheese anyway. But I cant't get the
seven bolts (4 front and 3 rear) that that hold it and the sill on the
chassis. What's the best way to remove these bolts? I already tried Liquid
Wrench, but the heads of the bolts are already badly rusted anyway. Should I
drill the bolts out and retap the threads?

        My last question is very general. Do the original parts differ
significantly from the British Heritage ones. I do not intend to show
my car. I heard that sometimes hole alignment is a problem. Also should I
buy from the big three (Moss, BV and TRF) or stick to my local LBC part
shop?

        BTW, I'm not religious, just thought the title reflected a beginning
on my new hobby.

        Thanking in advance.

                        Jeff N.

Jeff C. Nathanson
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.
Director of Product Development