[no subject]

To: KEDWARDS@NORFOLK.INFI.NET, TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
From: ushwy3ey@ibmmail.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 11:53:02 EST
From:       Keith A. Edwards     (804) 925-2539 Virginia DOT

Date:       12/10/95  / 11:40:21
Subject:    Reply to Re: No Subject
I don't recall it being _too_ loud.  Sounded very good to me, and simple.

It has been about 5 years since I have driven "Lazarus" my early TR4A.  BTW,
I didn't name Lazarus, folks I work with did.  Something about rising from
the dead.  I bought Lazarus as a parts car, from a Morgan person (who had
already taken most electrical parts).  I put Lazarus back on the road, because
she was too "good" to part out.

My assessment of the loadness is similar to my TR3B, with what I will call
TR2, very early TR3 muffler system.  I replaced the rear resonator with a
straight pipe, with a slight bend.  Same as the early cars, that got the
resonator added because some (neighbors, not owners?) complained of the loud
noise.  What I can't figure is why nobody seems to make that pipe, so I
assume the early cars mostly have resonators now.

The dual pipes on Lazarus are 1 1/2" OD, 12 1/2" apart (on center).

Mostly I was too "thifty" to pay $30-40 each for the dual rear mufflers.

Keith Edwards

cc:         TRs                  Triumphs
            KEDWARDS             Internet entry for KEDWARDS