Re: Spitfire Oil Pressure (fwd)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Oil Pressure (fwd)
From: trs@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu (Peter Barrance)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 14:57:02 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 9 Dec 1995 jamiep@cris.com wrote:
>
> > Jeff, just a note...if you use an oil filter with a non-return valve in it,
>the
> > light will go out MUCH faster....Wix 51084 will do nicely.

While we're on the subject of oil filters - are the Fram ones that fit the
TR6 spin-on convertors (PH3600 I think) the best that can be used?
Do they have one-way valves in them? My engine takes a few seconds
to come up to pressure also, unless it's just been running. No rattling though
(yet). The filter is mounted inverted, so I wouldn't
think back flow would be such a problem - is this right?

Pete