Re: ZS choke problem

To: Liquid@massey.ac.nz
Subject: Re: ZS choke problem
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 95 21:19:57 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Pat Edwards writes:

>I have just rebuilt and installed
 a set of Stromberg CD150 carbs on our Mk1
>Vitesse, and although they have made a great difference to the car's
>performance, there are still a couple things that don't seem rig
(snip)

synchronized the starter bars as described in the workshop
>manual,(snip)

Pat,
 The biggest problem you can have with the starter bar is that it is
installed 180 degrees out. To remedy: remove the 3 mounting screws and be
sure the 3 holes in the disc are OVER the slot in the carb body.
 Secondly, Did you install new gaskets under the heat compensator?
The whole problem sounds like you have a serious vaccuum leak. How were
the throttle shafts? Any slop or play in these shafts will allow air to
leak in behind the carbs .
 Sounds like you have pretty much adjusted the starter bar the way it's
supposed to be,so at this point, I am guessing the disc is backwards or
you have a vaccuum leak. Keeps us posted.
Tony R.
66,67,68,69GT6
64TR4 oops
TTFN