Spitfire Wire Wheels(Q)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Wire Wheels(Q)
From: tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 1995 00:18:17 -0800
Hello, hope everyone is having a really good holiday time. My wife, who
works for the Veterans Administration Hospital as a Nurse just found out
that she's only going to get half of her pay this week because of the
Government shutdown here in America...these things come at such wonderful
times...

Anyways sorry to complain, my question involves wire wheels. I went to a
junkyard in Berkely today, and for anyone here in the Bay Area I highly
recommend it. I bought a set of brand new front disk pads for 5$, and the
had about 20 sets of them. Anyone need some? Maybe I should pick them up. I
have the opportunity to purchase 4 brand new in the box wire wheel hubs for
25$ each. Is this a good price? What else is required to convert a 67
Spitfire to W/W's? Do the axles need to be changed? I know the bolt pattern
fits, was just wondering if these were worth picking up for future use.

The junkyard is located in Berekely Ca, All Foreign on 2nd avenue, they're
trying to get rid of all their British stuff this week so the prices are
really good.  Thanks, Tom

"Who are You?"
"I'm fine thanks, who are you?"
"I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"