Re: TR6 body-off restoration

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 body-off restoration
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 10:04:02 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Philip,
  I am not so much interested in a "show car" as I am interested in the joy
of driving. Of course I want the car to last, so I am interested in
improving it's current condition. I am also a bit "anal" and even though I
don't need a "show car" I do enjoy when things clean and in good shape,
they just don't need to sparkle!

  The car has been painted at some point and there are some blisters at the
seams. The inside of the engine compartment looks great so I don't have the
feeling that this is a real "rust bucket".

  So you recommend keeping the body intact and cleaning up whatever rust I
am able to reach and carry on from there?

Thanks for the help.