Re: VTR AutoX

To: dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM
Subject: Re: VTR AutoX
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 12:14:52 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Dennis,

>  Bob, you're obviously a very good driver, but there's got to be a little
> 'magic' in that 6 of yours somewhere ;-).

Thanks for the compliment on the driving.

I'm pretty serious that the motor is really stock. The gears are stock.

I'd say the magic is really all the stuff I played with on the suspension.

If you want, though and you need a valve job, bring your cylinder head
over to my garage and we can "see what we can do" ;-).

In all seriousness, however, Dave the TR6 Guru from TRF sums up TR6
performance tips like this: make it breath better. I'm certain the K&N
filters help in this regard. I am also certain that in my case the
"manufacturing tolerances" in the head (especially the exhaust ports)
made for some pretty bad port matching. When I cleaned the port
interfaces up, I'm sure I'm getting better flow.

I only wish I had done the CC'ing and flow tested the thing before I put
it all together. Then I could provide some real data on how to make your
stock head better!

I can't wait to get some money together and make a real "prepared motor".
But that, as they say, is another issue altogether.

bye,
rml

p.s. I have an S4 cam in the basement too... needs a regrind, but I'm on
my way!
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? 3.5, more or less.