TR3 engine rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 engine rebuild
From: David Stillinger <dstillin@qualcomm.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 16:29:39 -0800
Hello,

I'm new to this list, but not triumphs. I have a 59 TR3A and a 61 Morgan +4
(stylized TR).I've had 'em for years and now its time for some serious
maintanience.I've taken the +4 down for an engine rebuild (has a late TR3
engine) and have a few questions. In looking at all the parts suppliers in
the US, Hemmings lists a place called British Parts NW which seems to have
some real good prices compared to the standard sources.(TFR, Vic Brit).
Specifically, I'm looking at piston and liner sets, cam/crank gears and
timing chains. Has anyone had experience with the quality of these parts
from this source? Can money be saved by doing business with a british
supplier? Who?

Thanks for any insight you can provide
David Stillinger
dstillinger@qualcomm.com