Re: What is a Norton Commando Roadster?

To: MMoore8425@aol.com
Subject: Re: What is a Norton Commando Roadster?
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 23:08:42 EST
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
MMoore,

A Norton Commando Roadster is a vintage british motorcycle which finished
production in 1975. Nortons were far overshadowed in production by
Triumph motorcycles, but, like Triumph vs. MG in automobiles, high
production did not necessarily make the breed.

When I was first inquiring about TR3's, someone described the TR3 as a
hairy chested sports car.  The Norton is the same, in a motorcycle;
brawny, rough around the edges and a blast to experience.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L
'74 Norton Commando Roadster