Re: Timing Light

To: jstovall@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing Light
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 16:32:38 -0600
Jeff,

>        The reason I'm writing this is because a friend came over a while
>back with a timing light that simply snapped onto the spark plug, and then
>you snapped the spark plug wire back on. Simple, and it worked. Am I
>missing something here? Or do the inductive pickups not work on older cars?

I have had some fun with a timing light myself - NO indication on my TR6
engine, and lots of flashes on my GT6 engine - turned out that the
spark-plug wires were getting old and worn (and probably didn't allow for as
much current through them). After I switched them around, flashes on the TR6
;-) - so if your wires are not new and 'high quality' - go get a set.

Maybe that is an option to explore,

Michael

Michael Noerregaard         \\\\|////              Ph: (512) 385 9714
2430 Cromwell C, apt. 1306   \\\|///
Austin, TX 78741             ( O O )      ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
              http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/index.html
            MBA Class of 1997 - graduating in December 1996
                      Operations Management