Re: RHD TR6

To: Charles A- Tucker <catucker@vnet.net>
Subject: Re: RHD TR6
From: J Barnhardt <innovative@myhost.ccsinc.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 1996 23:30:14 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> Jamie,
> I saw this post and had to drop you a note.
> Would I be correct to assume that the PI system would work on a TR-250?Yes,
>but you would want to obtain the early version  as this one is set up
for the stock cam that was compromised in 74 or so.  I am missing the dis
base making it a bit short of a complete drop in.  The TR 5 through
TR 6 73 or so had a high cam.  With a high cam you need more fuel as you get
more air and 150 ponys. There a two versions of the metering units.  Rimmer
Brothers has both and other parts.  I have an English car restorer coming
over in two weeks to load a container of cars and things and I will try to
remember to ask him if he could send me a unit or two if you are of interest.
 Please advise.
> Is it an original PI system as installed by Triumph?Very original.  On second
>thought, maybe it is not original because it works
so well!!!!

> Wonder if it is about the same as came on the TR-5?No

> What'cha gonna be flying?Navion desire with C-150 ( or less) $.

> I've got a Piper Arrow and enjoy screwing the sky full of holes myself
>downPiper Arrow, what a wonderful aircraft. What year? The 77' III/T201 is a
>hot
little turbo.  I had picked the PA-28 180 as a one day gotta buy.  Still
opening the door after the door bell rings hoping it is Ed McMan.

> here in N.Carolina.We have a sound side , base of Jockey's Ridge Condo.  My
>Barnhardt
Grandfather's famly is in Concord.  He graduated for NCS in 22' or so.
Carolina is good.
> Thanks
> charles tuckerAny relation to the Tucker car?
> TR-250 (several)

I would love to chat if you ever have time.  Thanks for the note
Jamie Barnhardt
Innovative Restorations
P.O. Box 189
Topping, VA 23169