Re: 6 Cylinder Survey

To: CMaster808@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 Cylinder Survey
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 21:57:45 -0500

<<
 Head # 516323
 Motor #CC52903E
  Comm No  CC.79173

 So tell me Nic what do all the numbers mean to me.

Chet-

I have no idea what the numbers mean to you...however, it appears to me as
though you have a v late 72 car with a late 70 or early 71 engine. The good
news is that it appears as though it has the matching early head on it. Have
you replaced your motor ? Or is this a case of the dreaded DPO ? This could
be a candidate for the incorrect intake gasket/manifold problem I have found
recently. Your setup should have the "short" manifold with 3 sets of two
runners. The center pair of runners should be cast as one solid piece. If the
manifold is the later style with the two center runners seperate, ie. you can
stick your finger between them just before they join together at the head
side of the manifold, you have the correct manifold for your car, but
unfortunately the incorrect one for the motor, and the port spacing does not
match ! If this is the case, you are definetly losing alot-o-power, and you
should look for an earlier intake manifold to match the early head.
If this is hard to visualize (heck its even hard to write it), then get your
favorite parts catalog and check the different manifold pictures. You must
use the manifold and gasket that fit the head.

Keep those cards and numbers comin...
           Nick in Nor Cal
< I can't believe I've done this 2 nights in a row >
<  tonight I was even scrapping paint off the head!!! >

ps Exactely what is it that you have been doing for two nights now ?
     And remember, this is a family newsgroup !
And what does remodeling your bathroom have to do with Triumphs ?