Re: Alfin brake drums for TRs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alfin brake drums for TRs
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 09:56:52 -0800
rgs03@health.state.ny.us wrote:

> There has been a lot of discussion on this subject and a few people
> wrote to me directly to ask for information since I opened my big
> mouth and said that I had a 240Z alfin drum that I'd be willing to
> test fit to the TR.  Before I got the chance to do that John Lye and
> now Jack Drews have reported that they have already done this and
> detailed the fit and modifications necessary. This is why I kinda
> backed out of the discussion. I have kept John and Jack's postings
> if anyone missed them.
>
> (Art, Peter, Don and Roger, Sorry I didn't reply to you guys directly
> earlier. My only excuse is that I'm using PROFS here and anyone who
> is saddled with *that* mailer knows why I sometimes don't reply
> promptly.)
>
> Regards
> Rik

> Rik Schlierer                "Destiny does not send us heralds.
> RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US       She is too wise or too cruel for
> NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY  that." Oscar Wilde

Hi Rik and the others,
I've to thank some people, but lost my whole mail, so I can't rewmember
who it was..., sorry friends!

Think I tell you a thing about the 240Z drums on this side:

Yesterday I asked my local Nissan-Dealer for the price. The actual price
is: (ok, buddies, just take a seat)(big<g>) 364,-DM = 225$ = 150 Quid ,
still alive ???,  this price is for one drum only!!!

Think, this is again a good/bad weather problem.
There are more or less no 240/260...Z alive here!

That'll mean the Nissan dealers won't put things on stock.

Any idea about shipping drums?
Did anybody allready shipping,  US >> Europe?

--
BFN   Pete          _____                            1962 TR4 daily
        -- -  -    / <>  \   __,@_\____              Peter Juergens