Re: triumph rear ends

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: triumph rear ends
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:14:22 +1030
Interchangeability of spareparts from other makes of cars.
the diff output shafts uses a seal in the herald /spitfire that is! the seal
is also available as a front bearing oil retainer/dust protecter for a
Mitubishi (magnas here don't know what they call them in the USA or UK )car
and therefore cheaper & better than the original part supplied by Triumphs &
or the current replacement parts  I think. It uses a neoprene seal if
anybody needs these let me know & I will get back with a price (the
Mitsubishi factory is only 30 mins away )
Have also found that the top radiator hose from a 1974 Ford Falcon cut off
short suits herald/spitfire bottom hoses I presume Ford USA would be
similar. K Mart had the hoses on special and I got 6 for the price of 1
Triumph hose (local Prices)
Tony
Sth Oz
Ps Dale in Tas I have lost your email address. can you email me?