Q regarding new muffler for my TR-3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Q regarding new muffler for my TR-3
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:33:50 -0800 (PST)
  My '60 TR-3A had a blown out muffler in '65 when I bought it and, guess
what, it's still blown out now that the car is running again after a quarter
century in mothballs.  I liked all the noise then - hate it now.
  Back then my buddy had a great muffler on his 3.  I think it was an Abarth
- low throaty mutter at most RPMs rather than the sharp resonance peak on mine.
  Anyone know if I have the brand name right?  Any recommendations on what I
should get.  The Roadster Factory and Moss offer a stainless steel option
for pipes and muffler.  How might they perform compared to soft metal?
  All info greatly appreciated.
John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/