Re: Q regarding new muffler for my TR-3

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Q regarding new muffler for my TR-3
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 18:34:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, John T. Blair wrote:

> Yes, you have the name correct.  Abarth made a complete "tuned"
> exhaust system for many of the sports cars of the day.  I had one
> on my TR3 back in the 60's.  You're right, it had a great sound.

As did the Stebro, the "other" big name at the time. Similar design and
construction, along with similar "sound enhancement" qualities. One still
hangs off the bottom of my long-dormant TR3A. I bought it at a too-good-
to-pass-up price back around 1974 or so, even though I'd just managed to
scrounge for a stock system not long previous. I made up for the
finances, though, by selling the stock system to a neighbor with an early
TR4!

Ah, memories.... ;-)

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *