Rust is the devil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust is the devil
From: jkennedy@MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 19:35:47 EST
Cc: mikeg@axess.com
Hello to all,

I've called all sorts of industrial supply places, and can't find any
prosfessional dessicant.  I wanted to use it in a plastic cocoon for my car
for winter storage.  So I did the stupidly obvious and called The Home Depot.
They sell buckets of stuff called "Damp-Rid" for $7.00.  It sounds like just
the kind of thing I needed.  That and a little polyethylene, and I can save
most of the $100 that the Pine Ridge/Omni Bag people charge.

Does anyone have any words of warning or advice for me?  If you all see no
problem with my home-made cocoon idea, then I'll go ahead with it this weekend
and report back on how it went.  It's sad to put the car away.....kind of like
my official acceptance that winter is near.

Thanks,

Jim Kennedy
'72 Spitfire

p.s. - Mike- I assume you had difficulty getting info, too, about this stuff.
If you did find something, I'd love to know about it.  Thanks.