Re: MSD Elec. Ing.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MSD Elec. Ing.
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 20:20:11 -0700
What some folks consider a better unit is the Crane HI-6 ignition box.  The
Fat Chance Garage was going to carry these, but Summit Racing sells them for
$3 less than my distributor.  The joys of being a small volume business.  Sigh.

Anyway, the Crane does similar stuff to the MSD, but is a newer, digital design
using a microprocessor.  And the rev limiter is built right in, and easily
adjustable.  Also, it has a trigger wire for a crank sensor, and next year when
I get Killer, my DSP autocross car finished, I plan to work on a crank fired
ignition set up.

mjb.