manuals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: manuals
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:00:28 -0800
Hi:

Just wanted to update the group on my TR6 Haynes manual search. Still waiting
to hear
from Haynes, will try calling them later today for a satus report on their
"promise" to
find me one. I did order a factory reprint from British Car (1-800-520-8292)
for $55.
Per the intro, this is the manual BLC distributed to its dealers for all
maintenance and
repairs. Excellent manual as far as being complete, showing both twin carbs and
petrol
injection repairs. Complete listing of all factory colors, trims, tools, specs,
etc.,
etc... They also carry a glove box version for around $25.

As to the earlier posting about the starter not turning (with a new baterry), I
have run
into the same problem and am a bit puzzled myself. The battery is getting a
charge but
acts as though it is dead. I asked the mechanic I use on occassions and he
suggested I
check all connections. They are fine, no corrosion, etc. When I charge the
battery for
about 30 minutes, it fires up. Had battery tested and it is fine. No
consistancy when
this happens, just out of the blue. I have not taken the starter out to check
more
closely, trying to avoid this.

Any thoughts?

Scott Suhring