Re: Hardtops-- real or fake?

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hardtops-- real or fake?
From: Jamie Palmer <jamiep@cris.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 17:06:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:

> My question to you all . . did any aftermarket manufactures make 2 piece
> hardtops?
>
> could this guy have a real TR-4 factory hard top and not know it?
> I thought the center panel on them was metal with a headliner.
> Did someone make replacement ones out of fiberglass
>
> Help me out here guys . . dig through you memories and see if any of you
> recall anything about aftermarket 2 piece hardtops.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott Tilton
> In GEORGIA
> looking for an A type OD,
> but a factoy hardtop  would be okay too.

Scott,

Triumphs Only, in San Jose, carried (I'm not sure who made it) a
fiberglass imitation of the surrey top setup.  I've seen it on 4 through
6 cars.  Personally, I think it looks great on a 6...and on those brisk
winter days with sun, you could still get a little topless
motoring...although it would still have to come off in the Spring.

Best of luck,

Jamie Palmer