Re: Marvel Mystery Oil!?

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Marvel Mystery Oil!?
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 08:53:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

>  ...TR6 ... removed the Gas tank last night.  I am very worried about
> the empty gas tank rusting, so I asked a mechanic friend what he
> recommended  to prevent rust in the tank.  He said to use Marvel Mystery
> Oil.  I bought a can and put about half in and sloshed it around.

>         Does anyone have any experience with this product?  If so, how much
> should I use, and how often do I need to slosh it around the tank?

I would think that an annual sloshing would suffice, particularly if the
tank is stored in a warm, *DRY* place.

I have never used Marvel Mystery Oil for the above application, but
do use it regularly as the fluid in the carburetor dampers.  It
works well for this application, and helps to keep the engine
clean, at least with the rate at which it leaks out from my carbs...

--ken
'74 TR6 half-year driver (the half w/leaves on trees...)

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |