Re: GT6 rear seat

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 rear seat
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:09:38 -0800
> TonyR responds-
> I think the option was referred to as an "ocassional seat" sure
> couldn't use it for much else.
>  My 68 has the original which has since been recovered. It amount to two
> thin horse hair/foam pads that just lay on the rear shelf but do have a
> padded back piece that snaps on the spare tire side of the rear support
> rail.  < snip >
Wow, someone actually has an orginal factory rear seat option, and yes your
correct they were referred to as an "ocassional seat", with good reason it
appears.
<  snip >
> I think this was more a dealer type thing than factory.
< snip >

I not too sure, both the factory service manual for my GT6+ and the parts
number book for the MKIII list the rear seat complete with factory part
numbers - and attachment/fitting instructions -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+