Re: Front Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Suspension
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 15:30:48 -0700
    With the suspension fully disassembled heat the old bushings with a
    small torch until they smoke then push them out with a suitably sized
    C-clamp or vise and 2 appropriate sockets, one smaller than the bushings
    and one with an ID larger than the bushings. Install the new bushings in
    the same manner.

In the same manner?  Do you mean heat the new bushings until they smoke?
Gosh, I should try that sometime!

    The new bushings were softer than the old ones ('75 Spit) and made
    the front end feel less tight than before. I wish I had used a harder
    material/performance bushing. Does anyone have a suggestion for what and
    where, regarding Spit/GT6 front bushing?

Various plastic bushings are available for the small chassis cars.  If you
are interested in a set, send mail to fcg@autox.team.net, I think I may have
a set or two in stock at the moment.

mjb.